Somerset Foundation Trust celebrated the annual Nutrition & Hydration Week in June 2021, with community and mental health hospitals organising displays to promote the week and raise awareness of the importance of nutrition and hydration.
Sites participated in various events throughout the week, all of which were very well received by the patients. The events included:
Monday – big breakfast for the patients
- Tuesday – bedtime snack
- Wednesday – the Global Tea Party
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursday
- Friday – Fruity Friday and Fishy Friday
- Saturday – Smoothies
- Sunday – Sundaes
- a mocktail party, which brought all staff and the majority of patients together in the garden
- 1940’s music and games on one site during the Global Tea Party – the games were played with the activity co-ordinator
- tea tasting
- a right royal tea party, and
- group discussions throughout the week, with displays, using ipads to research nutrition and good hydration.